Thursday, August 20, 2015

I've Already Paid The Price

P-Day already?? Anyway...Hey everybody!
       Another week down in the MTC! It'll be my last as I'll be heading to Korea early Monday morning! My next email will come from over six thousand miles away! Where in the world have the last two months gone?? But I'm so excited to finally serve. I know that someone has been prepared for me, and I can't wait to share the message of the gospel. My last week here in the MTC is ending in a great way. It's been my hardest week here for sure as I was informed of an accident back home to close friends. It definitely hit me hard.  But how grateful am I to know of God's plan for us, and His love for us. I know that in times of great trial our faith will never abandon us. That's the one thing I cling to here. As this week has progressed, I thought of a story I was told in the MTC that I'd like to share.
       A young boy ten years of age seemed to have the same lifestyle of every boy. Not a care in the world, a love to cause havoc, and a wild personality. Externally, he had no problems. Internally, the young boy was slowly deteriorating as he was diagnosed with a disease that would certainly end his short life. The days grew short, and the memories were engraved in memory as the young boy began to fade day by day. His strength began to get weaker, and his young heart stopped beating. His family mourned his loss, they wondered how in the world they would live without their young son. It seemed that life had been put on hold. No knowledge of the gospel, and no knowledge of the Savior, they seemed utterly lost and in total despair.
       The room was shining bright white as the young boy entered. It was above all description that he could describe. He had no idea what was going on. Looking further around the room, he noticed a long row of filing cabinets, each labeled with something different. One was labeled "best memories", another was labeled "accomplishments", and another labeled "service for others", but the list went on and on. There were too many to count. He continued down the row to the last filing cabinet, where it was labeled "mistakes". His heart dropped to his feet, as he reached for the lever and opened the cabinet. One by one, he began to pull out the papers. His eyes began to fill with tears at the mistakes he had made in his life. He began to weep bitterly. He began to regret his life. With his hands over his eyes and sorrow in his heart, he suddenly felt a soft, gentle hand fall upon his shoulder. Looking up, he knew at an instant who it was, although he had no knowledge of the gospel. The Savior stood over him, with tears in his eyes. The little boy overwhelmed, began to cry, feeling unworthy to stand in His presence. As the young boy began to cry, so did the Savior. He wept with him. The Savior, then looking at the young boy, calmly said, "Well done thy good and faithful servant." Then, taking his hand off the young boy's shoulders, He reached into the filing cabinet, and pulled out each paper one by one. Taking a pen, he signed his name. Turning to the boy he said, "My son, I've already paid the price. Now come, I have a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father."
       My week has turned to the thoughts of my Savior. When in the times that I have doubts, or I struggle, all I have to remember is that He already paid the price. Our Savior walked the loneliest path utterly alone so we wouldn't have to. Through his long and lonesome path, He knows how to succor and lead us. He guides us when we need it, and He weeps with us when we can't take the burdens that life has to offer. He never leaves us alone. I know my Savior more fully than I ever have before. I know He lives, and loves us more than we will ever be able to comprehend. His love can't be described. In weeks like this when I don't understand why things happen, or why God's plan doesn't match mine, I simply remember that He paid the price so we wouldn't have to. Oh the joy this sentence gives, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives."
       I love this gospel. I grow stronger each and every day. I'm so excited that I finally get to go to Korea and teach those who are in need. I know it will be hard, and that there will be times of struggle. However, I know my faith and love of the Savior will guide and lead me through anything I will face. I know this gospel is true. I'm so grateful to have been born in the church. I'm grateful for my family, and their love and support. I feel the love of eternal families. I can't wait to go and help those in Korea become eternal through the gospel.
       Thanks for the constant love and support. I can't thank you enough. I'm so appreciative and never will be able to repay all of you. I love you all and can't wait to write here soon. Thanks so much. Talk to you guys soon!

Love, Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment