Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I Believe In Christ

Hey everybody!
     Great to be writing to ya'll again this week! This week was a crazy week, super special. This week we were really busy with meetings and a lot of other things. This week our mission was fortunate to hear from Elder Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve, Elder Gerrit W. Gong of the Presidency of the Seventy, and Elder Choi Yoon Hwan from the Seventy. What a special experience it was to meet an Apostle of the Lord, and meet other church authorities. Being able to listen to their testimony, hear their strength, and to learn at their feet was an incredible opportunity that I'll never forget. I absolutely know they are ordained of the Lord.
     We were also blessed this week with a baptism of a man named Eem Sung Day. After meeting with the missionaries off and on for two  years, he was able to walk into the waters of baptism, and I was asked to perform the baptism. 
     I've been able to gain a great relationship with man while teaching him. It was very natural from the first time we met. As we've been teaching him, he's been up, down, wanted to give up, and had other times where he never wanted to do another bad thing. But after two years of waiting, pushing, fighting, and moving forward, this wonderful man received a remission of his sins. 
     During the baptism, the spirit was strong. A testimony from his wife, from other members who have helped, and we even had our Stake President and an Area Seventy also present. The spirit was so strong to confirm the truths of the gospel. 
     After we walked out of the font together, the look on his face was that of pure joy. He was so happy, and I could feel it all in my heart again. Why we serve missions, why we follow Christ, and why we sacrifice for others. I remember walking out of the font at eight years old, and walking out of the font at twenty, I only have a deeper appreciation of the gospel and His Atonement. Tears came to my eyes as he looked at me soaking wet and simply said, "Elder Roper, the Lord will always bless you for doing this." 
     I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It unlocks the Atonement unto us through ordinances and covenants, and allows us to grow close to our Savior. I know that He lived a perfect life, died, and rose again so we could wash our sins, move forward, and be perfected. My heart was filled with unspeakable joy when me and this wonderful investigator sang these heartfelt words with the others right before walking in the font. And they read, "I believe in Christ...my Lord, my God! My feet he plants on gospel sod. I'll worship him with all my might; He is the source of truth and light. I believe in Christ; he ransoms me. From Satan's grasp he sets me free, And I shall live with joy and love In his eternal courts above." 
     May we seek to live with Him forever is my humble and sincere prayer. May we seek to do His will. May we seek to be as He is. I love you all, I appreciate you, and with each passing day I become more grateful. Thanks for everything.


Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment