Monday, October 5, 2015

He Lives!

Another week down! My first transfer is officially over! So crazy!
Been another great week here half way across the world! Everything is starting to flow a lot smoother every single day! Besides the fact that I told our Ward Mission Leader that I hated him accidentally in Korean...whoops. Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes (; This week we've started to progress in the work a lot more, but we took a few steps back. We lost our first investigator for a month because he'll be studying for a major test here in Korea, and won't be playing basketball anymore. And well... he blocked our number (; we'll assume that's from the test though right?? (; However, we picked up a new investigator. He's an older man, English teacher, and has met with the missionaries previously. He really opened up to us and told us his life story and how he wants to attain greater faith like the missionaries. He told us how when he was young, he nearly drowned. However, he knew that God saved him, and he feels like he owes it to Heavenly Father to have more faith. So we're going to pray and hope that this man can attain greater faith through our lessons and testimonies. The man has the desire and know God lives. However, faith is an action.
This week I've learned soooo much about mistakes. What a topic right?? I learned that God loves a beginner. He loves to work with people who are willing to be reshaped, and reformed into something new. Also, I learned this week that Heavenly Father loves mistakes. We have a saying here in Korea about the language and it's, "The first one to 30,000 speaking mistakes will be fluent the fastest." Isn't that exactly right though?? In our lives, we all make mistakes. Some are simple, some are very complicated. Some are extremely easy to forget, and some haunt our lives. However, our Father in Heaven is sooo grateful for those who recognize mistakes, and learn from them. Like the Korean language, you have to make mistakes in order to get it right. The same works with our lives. We must make mistake after mistake until we can figure it out. At times, I've felt so down on myself with the language, or the culture, or my progress. Although, I've realized that God is grateful for a person who humbly recognizes their weaknesses in order to change. We must sincerely repent, or have a change of heart. Our Heavenly Father recognizes our efforts, and accepts all that we do. I know that He's happy with the progress we make no matter how long it takes. Every mistake is just a step in the right direction. 
I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father and his grace. We can all become perfected through Christ as we use His atonement, His example, and His mercy. I know that through Christ we can truly become the very best versions of ourselves possible. I'm in such a changing process here because I realize that there's so much I need to work on, and it's hard to comprehend. However, I know that I make mistakes, humble myself, and recommit, every day will be "one mistake closer" to who I want to be. May we all realize the love of Christ, and His true acceptance of who we are. I love my Savior more than words or feelings will be able to describe. I know with the entire sincerity of my heart, that He lives.
Thanks everyone for the constant love and support. I wouldn't be here without you. Next week, I'm looking forward to catching up on conference!!! We don't get it in Korea until it's been translated! Can't wait! Love you guys! Thanks again for everything it truly means the world to me. I wouldn't be anything without ya'll! Talk to ya soon!


Love, Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment