Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Don't Be Foolish

Hey everybody!! How ya'll doing!
     This week was really crazy! But guess what?? We have a baptism here this week! If he continues to keep his commitments, we'll baptize him on July 10th. So excited and can't believe it. It's been just the craziest miracle to come into this area and find this man. Other than that, we have some really good investigators who are doing great and working towards baptism right now. It's been just an incredible and miracle-filled week. It's been insane! So many blessings. On the other hand, it's hot and won't stop raining. And I hear that Utah has been blazing! I can say it’s the same in Korea! We wake up sweaty, and we're sweaty all day long! Gotta love it right?? haha  
     This week, despite all the miracles, was one of great difficulty for me. Right after email I began having some medical issues that lasted throughout the week and caused me a lot of problems. Me being stubborn, I wanted to just keep going and doing the work. I finally had no choice but to call our "mission mom" and get an appointment set up with a doctor. I was trying to keep going forward and keep doing the work but I was struggling a lot, and was definitely trying to do everything on my own. I figured that I could just keep working through the pain. I didn't ask for a blessing, and I was using my sheer "willpower" in trying to move forward. It wasn't until a loving senior missionary couple simply told me that I needed to receive a blessing for what I was going through. 
     I received the blessing, and I received a lot of answers through it. However, one thing really stood out to me that I needed to hear. The blessing stated, "Elder Roper, the Lord knows how tough you are. He knows your strength. However, don't be foolish in that strength." 
     I received the blessing and realized that I've been foolish in thinking that I could do everything on my own. That if I could just keep going, I'd be fine. However, there's plenty of quotes of course that say, "Don't run faster than you have strength," or "Just do your best." I always saw those as somewhat of a challenge until I realized that I couldn't do it. I realized this week that there's a difference in following the Savior, and being led by Him, simply following His will, or doing His will. It's in the very same fact that we already know, that Christ's cross was carried by another man to Calvary. I realized that as we rely on Him and the powers of the Atonement, we truly can overcome everything. He welcomes us with open arms and is waiting to "carry our burdens" and be "yoked with us" through everything. I'm so grateful for little trials and setbacks because they make me love deeper and bring me closer to my Heavenly Father.
     I sure love this gospel. I'm grateful for the priesthood. I've received the power of the priesthood, and I've been able to give it. I'm so grateful that the priesthood can be called upon and we've been blessed with it. I'm grateful for a loving Savior who is always there to help and guide us through each and every thing that we will face. I love my Savior, and I know that He knows us. I'm so grateful for His love, and would be nowhere without it. 
     I love you all and am sooo grateful for your support. It truly means the world and I can't thank you enough. Can't wait to talk to you all again next week!


Elder Roper








No comments:

Post a Comment