Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Always A Home In God

Hey Everybody! 
     What a crazy week over here in Korea. The temperatures are getting hotter and hotter, and it's just been crazy! All is going really great though. We had a man come to church yesterday just to find that he's moving to California. Go figure right?? But all is going great over here. This week I've also seen some of the craziest rain storms in my life. I've never seen so much rain in such a short time. Definitely been seeing some really neat things.
     This week I've been thinking about an experience I had that I'd like to share with you guys.
Earlier in the week me and my companion were out tracting late at night near a subway station. We had talked to some great people and were seeing a little bit of success in teaching. We kept walking and stumbled upon a man who had his head down and looked to be pretty down, or sad. I nearly walked by him, but the spirit prompted me to go and talk to the man. We introduced ourselves and the man looked up with deep, sunken eyes. We talked to him about the Book of Mormon, and he accepted one, without saying a word. We asked the man if he lived nearby, and he quietly said to us, "I don't have a home." My heart ached in that moment and with all my heart I wanted to help this man more than anything. As missionaries, we're not allowed to give money to anyone, so we walked to a nearby store and bought him some food and gave it to him, and shared a message with him. A very simple message about how we're all God's children, and that He loves us. He knows our trials and challenges, and we can communicate with Him through sincere prayer. The man had a simple smile on his face, and as we walked away, I felt a peace in my heart that I truly can't describe. So in that case, I want to share that same message with you today.
     We are children of God, and He loves us more than we will ever be able to comprehend. Because He loves us, He has sent His son to take upon our burdens, our trials, and challenges. Some of us feel as though we have let God down. But we need to remember, that we were never holding Him up. We can't let down what we were never holding up in the first place. There may be times when we feel "homeless" without direction and without hope, but I know that there's always a home in God. I testify of His love. When we are in the depths of despair, and feel as though we have done nothing to deserve His love, remember that He is bound to love us. I feel that love, and I know that through the basics we will all feel His love too. I know His love is an ever flowing river of peace to those with broken hearts, and will never stop. He is our light, and I'm so grateful that I get to serve Him with all that I have each and every day.
     I love this gospel and testify that the gospel has been restored. It is true. I know it. And I testify of that, and a living God who directs His gospel.
     I love you all and miss you dearly. I am so grateful for all I receive from each of you. I love you all so dearly. Till next week!


Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment