Monday, September 12, 2016

A Week of Going And Going

Hey everybody!! 
     What a crazy week this week! To start off, I went to Busan five different times this week. I did a ton of traveling, preparation, and studying to prepare for the incoming missionaries.  I have been paired up with Elder Redford from Alpine, Utah. He's from Lone Peak High School. Two companions in a row from ol' Lone Peak. He's great, and I love working with him. He's a hard worker, and I love the faith of a new missionary. It's going to be a transfer of miracles. I'm beyond excited for it.
     This week.... well we were planning on a baptism... but we decided to postpone it a few weeks because his testimony wasn't as strong as we wanted it to be. We met with him on Tuesday, and he still struggles to believe that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  We will continue to work and study with him, and pray that he will find his testimony. As he comes to know that with a surety, we'll make the steps to enter him into the waters of baptism. 
    This week has been a week of just going and going. It's been a week of studying the concept of change, and applying things into our lives that we know to be right. Our mission is focusing a lot right now on "why" we're missionaries, "what" we need to do, and "how" we're going to get there to fulfill our purpose. I've been thinking a lot about these questions, and I feel that it applies so greatly into our lives. We need to remember always that Christ is why we do everything. As soon as we recognize that Christ is our foundation through which we're doing, we'll realize what we need to do, and how we can do it through Him. 
     This week was really crazy and I'll prepare for a greater lesson next week. Pray that our investigators will find their testimony. I know that like my investigator, our testimony is the most important thing. We all know where we need to improve our testimonies. If it's lacking, may we strengthen it. If it's failing or falling, may we bring it back up. May we study Christ long enough to love Him and serve Him is my humble prayer. I love my Savior, and this gospel. So grateful to be a missionary sharing this wonderful message.
     Thanks for the love and support. Know how grateful I truly am. You all mean the world to me. Sending my love from Korea.


Elder Roper










No comments:

Post a Comment