Monday, November 14, 2016

I Have Learned For Myself

Hey everybody!
     This week literally flew by... it went so fast! This week was definitely a really special week. I spent a ton of time traveling this week all over the mission for training meetings. This week, I also got to go to one of the most beautiful places in the mission. It's nothing but islands. The missionaries literally will go island island riding boats, and driving across bridges extended in the ocean. It was really a beautiful place to be for a day. Also, another one of the highlights of my week was going back to the place where I trained for a meeting, and seeing the stake president after a year. He recognized me, and even remembered my name. He welcomed me back with a great big hug, and it just made me realize the love of the Korean people, and just how lucky I truly am to be surrounded by such incredible people. 
     Right now we have no investigators, and all we do is tract and teach and talk to people. We're meeting some great people but they just won't commit fully to the message that we're sharing. We'll continue to work hard, and pray for us that we'll start finding those we need to.
     This transfer we've made a goal as a mission to read the entire Book of Mormon. It requires about 13 pages a day, and has been a great experience. My testimony has been strengthened so much as I've read, and applied the things that I've been learning. There's been a new light and spirit in my life as I've been reading. This week as part of our mission conferences, me and my companion will be traveling around the mission giving talks and I've chosen to speak on the Book of Mormon. 
     Since I'm short on time I want to leave you with my testimony that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth in these latter days. I know that without a doubt. Like Joseph Smith, I too can say, “I have learned for myself.” I leave you with my sure witness that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that as we apply it, we can become the people the Lord wants us to be. May we always remember that true happiness is not made in getting something. A testimony, baptisms, success…Remember that true happiness is becoming something through what we are receiving. Through the Book of Mormon, we can become something as we use it and apply it into our individual lives. I testify that the Savior lives. He is our Savior and divine Redeemer. He lived a perfect life, and atoned for our sins. It is all within each of us to become His witness. It is by Him, and through Him, we can receive all that the Father has. 
     I love you all and miss you dearly. Thanks for all the continual love and support it truly means the world to me. Hope ya'll have a perfect week, and I'll talk to you here soon!

Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment