Monday, November 21, 2016

The Light Of The World

Hello everybody! Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll this week!
     This week was a week of traveling everywhere, and small little miracles in between. This week for zone conferences, my companion and I traveled to every area within our mission and had an opportunity to speak and help train others. I love learning from other missionaries, hearing their testimonies, and being strengthened by others. This week I also received the great news that three of my investigators from my last area will be getting baptized this upcoming week. What a miracle and blessing! I most likely can't attend their baptisms, but how grateful I am that the Lord is always carrying on His work. My last area is at a high, and in my new area we're still just praying to find one investigator (; that's about how missionary work goes at times right?? Gotta love those little surprises that keep you humble, and keep you relying on the Lord. Although we're at a little bit of a down, I know we'll find those people we need to.
     This week I got to fly to the famous island of Jeju for a zone conference. It was the first time I had ever been there. It's a beautiful island and it's considered the "Hawaii of Korea." We had a late night flight back to Busan on Saturday night, and by some chance, I got the window seat on the plane. We made it to the airport, and got ready, and the plane took off down the runway and up into the air. The plane was pitch black at this time, and as we got higher, for the first time in over fifteen months, I saw the stars shining. I looked down below me at all the lights of Jeju, the ocean below me, and I could even see the dirtiness of the pollution. It was beautiful, and a moment I cherished. I looked at the stars, and marveled at how I hadn't seen them in well over a year. Because of the bright lights of the city, pollution, and large buildings, you can't see them. As I rode that plane home I was reminded of the small and simple fact that a certain darkness is needed to see the stars.
     In our lives, we are surrounded by bright lights, by worldly "pollution" so to say, that keep us from seeing those things that shine so brightly in our lives. Like riding in a plane, when we rise above all of that, we can then see the stars shining so brightly. When we get above that of the world, we can see the miracles that God has intended us to see.
The sign of Christ's birth was light. His death, darkness. Christ intends for us to see His lights, His creations, His love. Only when we rise above those simple things of the world can we see all that we're suppose to.
     As the plane landed late that night, the hymn, "How Great Thou Art", popped clearly into my mind. "I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, thy power throughout the universe displayed. Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee, How great thou art.... How great thou art."
     I testify of Christ, of His lights, and of His brightness. He is the light of the world, the first and last, alpha and omega. I love serving Him, and feeling of His divine love, and seeing His hand through small and simple things. I love this gospel, I love this plan, and testify of its reality.
     I love you all and am so grateful for all of you. Thanks for the love, support, and everything else. I can't wait for next week. Thanks again!

Elder Roper





No comments:

Post a Comment