Monday, March 13, 2017

Prince Of Peace

Hey there!
It's been another great week here in South Korea! This week was full of a lot of miracles and new things. The Lord is definitely blessing my area as we're finding investigators left and right and have the largest teaching pool that I've had in my mission. We're working with a few good investigators, in which two committed to be baptized this previous week. We're hoping to establish some specific dates and get them going to organize a specific day. 
This week I've been thinking a lot as I've been finding new investigators. Every time we meet a new investigator, they come from specific backgrounds and situations. Most are from very hard, difficult, backgrounds. My heart aches as I realize the severity of their situations. This week my heart was opened to the Prince of Peace and His healing powers that He truly offers to all of His children. 
The first man we met, 36 years old, not married, and chasing dreams that he can't seem to reach. Frustrated that he can't catch a break, invited us over to his house to help him with english and teach the gospel. After teaching a while, we began to go into his life where he began to open his fears, concerns, and hopes. He asked faith inspired questions such as "Can I really be forgiven?" or "Is there really any hope for me to do what I want to do?" As our discussion closed, and in the feeling of the spirit, we promised that through baptism he would find answers, hope, and the peace he needs. He accepted to be baptized hoping to find that peace of mind.
The second man, 37 years old, caught in severe addictions of drinking, smoking, and a few more things, wanted to meet with us because he hasn't been happy for years. He just needed someone to talk to, and someone to listen. With a broken heart, he told us his story and just listening broke mine. With sincerity and looking for answers, we promised him peace through our message, and gave him a Book of Mormon, knowing that in its pages he'd find what he was looking for. He committed to come to church this next week so he, too, could search for a greater peace of mind, having not been happy for years. 
Lastly, a recent convert of mine, 23 years old, came to see me and a few other missionaries this weekend. He has recently lost his job, his home, has no food, and no money. He sleeps every night in the public bath houses here in Korea. I had many sleepless nights thinking of this young man. We offered him help, and him saying he didn't need it, telling us that God is already helping him enough. He told us that he knows his peace of mind will come as he continues to rely on God and not others.
My heart has broke over and over this week seeing these things. There's so much sorrow in this world. It's heartbreaking. But the promise is the same for everyone who turns to the Savior in hope and humility. "My peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you; Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid".... "the chastisement of His peace was upon us, and with His stripes we are healed"...."peace, be still"....
The gospel is that of peace. May we always seek the Prince of PEACE. His peace and love is only that of a prayer away. Never doubt, never fear. For in Christ, all things shall be made whole. As the lives of my investigators are changing, I leave you with my sure and unwavering witness that your life too, will change. I know that He lives. I don't simply believe it, but I know it with a certainty. Go to Him, and seek His pure and perfect peace and love, which is desirable above everything.
I love you all and am grateful. You all mean the world to me. Talk to you next week!


Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment