Monday, February 27, 2017

Jinju

Hey everybody!
     It's been a great week here in my new area of Jinju. It's one of the most "country" areas in the mission, which of course is right up my alley. I have a wonderful companion who has been wonderful to work with. Right now the spirit is so strong in my life. It's so strong. This week we've been pushing forward in so much faith, hope, and high expectations. This week we've seen so many miracles. We have found a few new investigators and are working with four investigators at church right now, two of whom came for the first time this week after calling us randomly. I'm super excited to work in faith and move forward in this area. 
     This week I had a really hard time transitioning to my new area. Whenever I leave any area, it always seems to be very difficult for me. This last week as I said goodbye to my old companion, and left headquarters and everyone behind, it was so hard to say goodbye. There was a lot of tears and good memories as I packed my bags and headed for the bus to one of the farthest places away in the mission.
     It was different this week as my phone wasn't ringing every couple minutes, stress seemed to be all gone. However, being in a new area, with new people, it didn't feel like home yet. As I went to bed on my first night here in Jinju, I got down on my knees and said a very heartfelt prayer to Heavenly Father, pleading for His help, and His direction in my new area. The assurance of the Holy Ghost came into my mind and my heart and told me "that it would all work out" as I pushed forward with faith. I knew that in time, it would all work out just fine, and it has. This area is a place of miracles. I've been pushing forward with more desire than ever, to bring souls unto Christ. My faith unwavering, my heart set on the work, I put each foot in front of the other and walked as it just got easier and easier and easier. And today, I want to talk about the universal answer to all of our trials, questions, doubts, and fears. 
     The universal answer, the remedy to every little thing that we have, is "faith in the love of God." Sometimes in life, we are burdened by trials, by difficult times, by questions and concerns. However, with "faith in the love of God", there is nothing that we will not be able to get through. Faith in His promises, His will, and His way. Not ours. Did you know that when we struggle in life, it's normally always because we lack faith in God?? No wonder that faith is the first principle of the gospel, and the first law of Heaven.
     When we came to understand faith and love in God, ours will get easier. Our trust in Him will increase, and His trust in us will then increase. I want you to take a second and think of your best memories in your life... Your favorite memory? Your favorite song? Favorite scene? Favorite sound? Favorite picture? Think about them for a moment. They should put you into your own personal "happy place" and make you grateful for your many blessings. Although those are your "best memories”, there is a promise that I've been thinking about this week, and it comes in this simple scripture. 
     "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." (1 Corinthians 2:9)
     When we love God with all that we have, no trial, no hard time, no fears will ever stay there. When we push forward with faith in the love of God, knowing that we are His children, He is our Father, and that He loves us so immensely, there is nothing that we can't overcome. And when we think of our hardest times, but importantly our best times, they will be nothing compared to those things that God has prepared for those that love Him. "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard...the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
     I love this gospel. I love the Savior, Jesus Christ. I feel His love in ways that words will never be able to explain. I know that He answers every earnest and sincere prayer that we mutter. I know that He's always there as we push forward in His love. He's there to lift, to strengthen, and to enable us to become who we want and need to be. He is Divine Redeemer, our Lord, and our King. It is my humble prayer that we come to know Him sincerely, and trust Him deeply, so we can always push forward in steadfast faith in His perfect love.
     I love you all and am so grateful for the support. I miss you all so much. I'm forever and eternally grateful for each and every one of you. Have a wonderful week!


Elder Roper



1 comment:

  1. Say hi to Yoon Jeong Hee for me! I knew her in Cheonan. :)

    ReplyDelete