Thursday, July 2, 2015

Miracles Happen Every Day


     Hey everyone! My first week in the MTC has been amazing! It has been such a great week and I'm so excited that I'm finally a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I can't believe that I'm finally here. The MTC has been everything that I thought it would be. The people are great, the spirit is strong, and the hand of the Lord is everywhere. Miracles happen here every single day.
     My companions, district, and zone are the best I could ask for. I have two companions who are great examples to me and push me every day. There's Elder Finch, a kid I played in basketball from Merit Academy, and Elder King. They're both great companions.
     We spend eight hours a day studying the gospel and the things we've learned are incredible. In a matter of a week, we can read Korean, say a broken prayer, and teach simple lessons with investigators. The gift of tongues is evident in all we do if spoken by the spirit. Every single day we're getting better. 
     The spirit is overwhelming here. Every day is a spiritual high. I learn so much. This week I learned why I'm suppose to be here. To my amazement, I found out this week that there's a difference of conversion and testimony. I'm not here to gain a testimony. I'm here to be converted. My first convert has to be myself. Testimony is a knowledge of the gospel, while conversion is acting upon our knowledge within the intent of our hearts to help others. Only after I am converted, will I be able to serve the Lord's people. I must turn outward instead of inward to myself. It's not a matter of what I'm going to gain from being here, but what I can give to others.
     Thanks everyone for your love and support. I know I'm suppose to be here. This will be one of the hardest things I'll ever do, but I absolutely love it. I wouldn't be here without the constant love, support, and help. Thanks so much, I love you all. Please keep me in your prayers. Talk to you next week!!!

Love, Elder Roper




No comments:

Post a Comment