Monday, March 28, 2016

Seek His Love and Guidance

Hey everybody! Another week gone??
      This week flew right on by! This week I was traveling all over Korea it seemed like. Midway through the week I was able to get my trainee. His name is Elder Snyder from California! Crazy he was the only American in all the trainees, and I was lucky to get him, despite my lack of Korean speaking abilities. What a blessing and opportunity it is to "be a dad" to a new missionary. I hope I can set his foundation like all of you have in my life. Despite the feelings of inadequacy, I know the Lord magnifies who He calls.
      This week we have basically no investigators. They keep canceling appointments in everything. We are working with nothing, but we are full of faith, and hope and willing to work and find those who are prepared. I know miracles will come to pass here soon as we work hard.
      As this first week has passed, I remember when I was training and I remember how stinking hard it was! It was like a flashback to me all over again. As I've adapted and found so much joy and happiness in missionary work, I learned a lesson when I was training due to my lack of faith and hope in Christ. A person once said in my life, "Tys, I don't want to read the Book of Mormon, because I know the answer I'm looking for is in there." Looking at this week, I realize that most of the problems I've always had in my life came because I knew exactly where to go, but was too scared to find the answer because I knew it would be difficult. It's never going to be easy to have enough faith, or to pray when life is hard, or to read scriptures when life gets hectic. However, we know that answers are waiting for us when we follow Jesus Christ. We all have to act on the knowledge that we have. We must act on our testimonies that we've developed. Our knowledge of the gospel does us no good unless we act upon what we know is true. I'm so grateful that I learned that lesson, even though I learned it later than I wanted. Seek those answers from Heavenly Father. Seek His love. Seek His guidance. It may not be the easiest path, or the most common to do what's right, but I know it's the path that leads to that of eternal worth.
      I'm so grateful for missionary work. I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the strength that it gives me to always keep going and pressing forward. I'm grateful that Christ is with us every single step of the way. He knows us personally, and loves us more than we can ever comprehend. I've felt that love, and I know it's true and eternal.  I love Jesus Christ with all my heart. I adore Him, and I'm so grateful to serve Him.
      I love you all and send my love to you on this Easter weekend. There's no greater words than, “He is risen." May we declare it full-heartedly. I love you all and miss you all dearly. Thanks from all that I have.

Elder Roper






No comments:

Post a Comment