Monday, May 16, 2016

"I Don't Remember That"

Helllooo everybody!!! Hope ya'll had a wonderful week!
      This week definitely seemed to lack in the investigator column... again it seems like (; but we're working hard and seeing so many miracles while out tracting. Despite not having anybody progressing, we're seeing things that are planting so many seeds. We've talked to so many people in the area that every day we get the response, "We've already talked to you guys." It's super fun to teach about our Savior and there's such a powerful spirit to it. This week I even met a man who shoots the same brand as bow as I did! Needless to say, he got a lesson, and we had a good conversation about our archery skills (;
      This week I've been thinking about an investigator I had a short time ago who felt as though he had fallen from grace. He was caught in drinking and smoking, and felt that God was punishing him for his sins. We were able to teach this man about the Atonement and how like freshly driven winter snow, we too can become pure. Although he didn't keep his commitment, I've been thinking a lot about the process of when we have fallen from grace, and we feel like our mistakes can't be forgiven.
      All people in their will make mistakes. Despite our wants to be perfect, we make mistakes that cause our grief, guilt, shame, and every other emotion. As this guy stated, sometimes we feel though we have fallen too low to be carried out of that dark abyss in which we're in. This week I read a scripture that gave me a whole new perspective of the Atonement of Jesus Christ that I'd like to share.
      When I think of judgement, I picture Elder Roper standing at the feet of the Savior, in tears, speechless, and without words. I know that I will feel inadequate kneeling at the feet of my Savior. In this personal interview, I will be saying, "Father, I've made so many mistakes in my life." I can imagine myself recounting my mistakes to Him. I then can picture my Savior simply saying, with love, mercy, and tender care... "I don't remember that."
      There is no greater words in my opinion in all of scriptures than the words, "He who repents, I will remember their sins no more." What a beautiful thought to me, to my investigator, and to the world. This is why we are missionaries. This is why we teach and testify. We testify of the great joy that comes through the growth of the Atonement. As I told my investigator that we can repent, and overcome our sins, I testify that we can also overcome our inadequacies and weaknesses. There is no such thing as falling from grace. We can never fall far enough from the love of our Savior Jesus Christ in all that we do. How grateful I am to be teaching people who have seemingly lost hope, and to see that little gleam of love and hope for better to come into their eyes. I love what I do. I love being a missionary, and experiencing the changes that come along with the call. It truly is the greatest calling.
      I testify of my Savior, and His love. He loves us. He loves us so dearly, and I can feel that love each and every day as I teach others who don't know about Him. We truly are all children of God, and every soul in truly great in His eyes. I'm grateful to be teaching to the Korean people. How I love them, and how I desire their salvation, and for them to feel the love of God.
      I thank you all for the love and support. I love you all so much and I am continually amazed at the support I receive each and every week. I thank you for everything. I'm so grateful. Can't wait to talk to ya'll next week!


Elder Roper




No comments:

Post a Comment