Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Changes

Hey everybody! How are ya'll doing?!?
     It's been a crazy week over here in Korea. This week was transfer calls and I've been transferred to a new area called Joongrie. It's an incredible area where the members have missionary work down to a science. We had our first meeting last night and me and my new companion, Elder Sorensen, who is also from Utah and attended Lone Peak High, will be excited to get after and start working. We are "whitewashing" our area with no investigators and no knowledge of anything right now. It will be extremely difficult, as change is never easy, but it's something that is necessary for us to grow and progress. I'm so grateful for where I'm at in the work right now. 
     Change is something that is constant in missionary work. It's also something that I've seemed to struggle with a lot in my mission. I love routine, and I love knowing everything that is coming and what I'm doing. As I've transferred into only my third area for my mission, and been assigned to serve as a district leader, I've continued to see how my life has changed and how the lives around me have changed. As I left my area only yesterday, it felt as though I was leaving family again. For six months, I worked, prayed, fasted, and loved the members and investigators of my last area. I left a piece of my heart in my old town. I was brought to tears as I said my farewells, and as I talked to my investigators for the last times. Although it's never easy, my heart has grown to love the Korean people more than words will ever be able to describe.
     I realize that as I approach my year mark, that time is flying by and nothing is as constant as change. The days are always rolling, and as I approach what we call "the downhill slope", I'm so excited to see what the next year holds as I've seen so many changes in the last year. I'm so grateful to be a missionary and grateful I get to serve these beloved people with all my heart, might, mind and strength. Although the sense of inadequacy is always so strong, the love that we feel in our daily work from those around us even stronger. And although it's so hard, I'm so happy because I know that the Lord is happy with the work that we're doing. 
     This week we saw so many miracles, and I can't wait to tell you next week about this area. We have some incredible potential and me and my companion are excited beyond words. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. And we are a part of it. How grateful I am to be sharing this with everyone. I love my Savior, I love this work, and I love the people around me. This work is true, and how grateful we are to be apart of it. 
     I love you all and am continually amazed at the support. I get so much support and it truly means the world to me. I am so grateful for everything you all do. Thanks for everything. Can't wait for next week!

Elder Roper



No comments:

Post a Comment