Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I've Been Waiting For You

Hellllooo everybody! This week just seemed to cruise on by!
            This week we started getting accustomed to our new area and it was pretty awesome. We know nothing about the area but we picked up really well. We have two investigators who are preparing for baptism, one hoping for July 10th. They both struggle a little bit with the word of wisdom but we know that they'll be able to overcome if they'll exercise faith. We have a lot of investigators who we hope to keep working with as well. As we continue to work we'll be able to see miracles and bring them closer to Christ. It's been an overwhelming week to say the least, but it's incredible to see how the gospel changes the lives of those who will simply apply it. 
            This week we picked off where other missionaries had a while back, and started calling people hoping to get a lead on who we could find. I had an experience that I'll never forget. We picked up the phone and called a man who has been in the hospital for quite some time due to some alcohol problems. He answered the phone and we introduced ourselves. Without anything else, he simply said, "I've been waiting for you. I knew you'd call me." 
            This experience I feel sums up why missionaries are called. There are people who are waiting and know that there is something great out there if they can only find it. I thought about my experiences in my mission and know that I've been led into this area at this time for some very specific people. I can't help but think of those back home who are also waiting for the gospel. As members and followers of this church, we have the opportunity to find and to help those people who are searching for something greater. We have the opportunity to help those in need. As another missionary said this week to me. "There is no greater joy than knowing that I can help someone." 
            We can all help someone in need at any time. There are people who can be blessed through our service and I've seen the direct results of it. May we always turn outward to find those who are "waiting for us" as we strive to follow Christ's pure example.
            I love getting this opportunity. I love seeing the hearts change of those people we teach. There is no greater miracle than what I'm doing right now. I've seen new people through their efforts to follow Christ. This week was one of miracles and one that I won't forget. This is His work and I'm grateful to be serving my Savior. He lives, and loves us more than we know. I'm so grateful for that love.
            I love you all and miss you all a ton. I have the best support. I'm so grateful for it. Thanks from the sincerity of my heart.


Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment