Monday, October 3, 2016

I Believe in You

Hey everybody!
     This week has been a crazy crazy week to say the least! This week we started off with a baptismal interview in which our investigator passed, and was able to prepare for baptism. He was struggling all week to overcome his trials and temptations, but he overcame and was able to be baptized this past Saturday, and I was very grateful to be able to baptize him. Definitely an experience that I truly will never forget. We found this young man, taught him all the lessons, and was able to baptize him. As we were walking into the font together, he looked at me and said in broken english, "Elder Roper, I believe in you." Simple, broken english, but a message that will forever stay in my heart.
      After he was baptized, he bore his testimony to everyone and I would like to share it with you. Translated from Korean, he said, "Christ came to me, He found me, and He brought me to where I am." May we always remember that Christ comes to where we are, and will never forsake us or forget us. No trial, temptation, or addiction is too high for us to overcome. I've seen the gospel change this young man's life in ways that even I can't comprehend, and I feel like the young man summed it up best in sacrament meeting when he again bore his testimony and said...."I'm happy." That's exactly what this gospel is all about.
      Another miracle that came our way this week was another investigator who has been coming to church for about three weeks. Yesterday, during fast and testimony meeting, he asked if he could bear his testimony. We told him he could, and he went up and bore a strong and powerful testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He left his other church, and told them he was never coming back because of what he felt in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. After the meeting, we taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ in a very strong and powerful spirit. The spirit was so strong as we invited him to be baptized, and he committed to be baptized on October 16th. What a miracle, and a day I will never forget.
      Right now there are so many miracles happening in our area. So many things are going on and I'm so grateful to be a missionary. Words can't describe how grateful I am for this gospel. It changes lives. That's what it's designed to do.
     I know this church is true, and was restored. I testify that by living the principles of the gospel, we will be able to  live with our loving Heavenly Father. How grateful I am for that pure and perfect knowledge. I love this gospel, I love you all, and I am eternally grateful for your love and support. It truly means more than you will ever know. Thanks again talk to ya'll soon!

Elder Roper








No comments:

Post a Comment