Monday, October 24, 2016

Me + Christ = More

Hey everybody!
     It's been a crazy, crazy week over here in Korea! This week consisted of tons of meetings, picking up twenty five new missionaries, talks with Elder Bednar, and a baptism. It's been one of the most hectic weeks of my mission, but one where I've learned so much. 
     Elder Bednar was incredible to listen to. A prophet, seer, and revelator who speaks with power and authority. Everything he said we had already heard before, but as he expounded the doctrine, gave examples, and taught us through questions, my mind was enlightened through the Holy Ghost. I also got to ask him a question concerning the power of the Atonement (I might have been shaking a little bit) and how to apply it into our lives. We talked together about being acted on by the Atonement only comes after we've received power through our actions. Really neat moment for me to talk with an apostle of the Lord and hear his testimony. It's safe to say there is a light that shines within their eyes. It can't be explained, but the light shines brightly.
     This week we also experienced another baptism. The Lord has blessed us sooo much this last month. This young man had been taught the lessons, and had been delayed a couple times on his baptismal date. We taught him on Saturday, and extended the date for Sunday. He accepted the date, we prepared the baptism in less than twenty-four hours, and baptized the young man yesterday. He got to watch Elder Bednar speak, and was baptized immediately after. What an incredible experience it was. It was a spirit that can't be described. There's a new light, and a change of heart in every investigator that takes on baptism. Another wonderful and special memory for me in my new ward. 
     In all the meetings this week, I've found myself really overwhelmed by the things I've had to do. There's been a lot of late nights, a lot of stress, and a lot of questions that have been on my mind. I feel as though as my weaknesses have been even more exposed personally. This week due to just being plain exhausted, I found that my prayers haven't been as sincere as they could have been, or scripture study not as crisp as it could of been.. I've been focused on the action aspects of everything, but found that the spiritual enlightenment and nourishment was missing a little bit. I thought that if I just worked harder, did more, I would find that which I needed. I learned however, that that's not always the case. I've been using the formula me+more=Christlike, when in reality this week I learned that me+Christ=more. In the nitty gritty parts of my life, I found that if I just worked harder things would work out. I learned, however, that it's with Christ that we can do all things. It was a great lesson for me. It was humbling and made me realize that I can better partake of the blessings of the Atonement to give me the strength that I'm in need of. 
     I love this gospel. I declare my witness of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He's always there. May we be humble and turn to Him in our trials, and in our doubts and fears. As we do so a new light will come into our lives and a new motivation will come to serve others. I'm grateful to be here. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I'm so blessed with a wonderful family, great support, and loving people around me. Thanks for everything. Love you all, and miss you so dearly. Thanks again for everything I'm eternally grateful.


Elder Roper







No comments:

Post a Comment