Monday, October 17, 2016

Surprise!

Hey everybody! 
     Been a crazy, crazy week filled with so many miracles. This week I was at the midpoint of training my companion, and was surprisingly transferred to a place called Oncheon, where I'll be serving with our mission president as his assistant. My companion is a former companion of mine that I had in my fourth transfer, whose name in Park Jong Min. It'll be great to work alongside him again. It'll be a amazing opportunity to serve alongside my mission president and I'm really excited to see what miracles will be there waiting. This last week we were able to baptize our investigator as well. It was the most incredible feeling to see the young man receive a remission of sins. It was again another memory that I'll forever cherish. Also, this past week we were able to commit another young man to baptism and he accepted. Although I won't be able to see it, what a privilege it was to teach him and learn from him. 
     As I prepared to transfer, I had to say goodbye to my last ward, and it was soooo difficult to do. The tears filled my eyes as I said goodbye for the last time to my investigators, recent coverts, and other members. A tender moment for me and one that I'll always remember. I'll be grateful for the time I spent in Jungri.
     My time is short, but I love this gospel, and as I serve, it's incredible to see the changes that come as we follow the gospel. I love the gospel, and love the Savior. I know He lives. I know it with certainty. I love you all and am so grateful for the support. Can't wait to talk again here soon! Thanks again!

Elder Roper









No comments:

Post a Comment